Tuesday, August 17, 2010

DragonFlight -- The Rest of the Series (Part 2)



Dande:
Overall, I liked it. I mean, there were problems with it, but there are so many books that have problems like that and it is so boring it is not worth it. But I think this book was worth it, especially since it is the start of such a great series.


Newhope:
I really like the whole time thing. I did not know that the plot would revolve around time travel like that.


Walle:
Sometimes it felt like the book is not really supposed to be a book. It's just a set up for books to follow.


Smiley:
Like a prologue-book.


Walle:
And then every time we would talk about something it's like, "It's explained in a later book! It's explained in a later book!"


Dande:
I just made this up in my head, but I could imagine that the author knew about this whole world, and this is just the introduction.


Smiley:
Maybe she wanted it to go slow. Compared to The Hunger Games, this went by really slow. Like Newhope said, in the middle it was really dull. Maybe that's just because she wanted it to be slow.


Dande:
I think that certain things about the book would have been lost if she—


Smiley:
Went faster?


Dande:
Yeah, you definitely did feel that it was a world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Agree, disagree, ask a question, tell us we're idiots because the plot hole we talked about is resolved on page 42, whatever!