Friday, May 8, 2009

The Hunger Games-- "Gale vs. Peeta" (Part 2)

Jolly:
I think they should have told us more about Gale.

Dande:
Gale seemed weird to me, they talked about this character and then-


Newhope:
-they offered nothing more on him at all.

Chair:
Yeah they kind of abandoned him after Chapter 2.


Jolly:
He's just her hunting partner, that's all we know about him.

Newhope:
He's just a plot device.


Chair:
Pretty much. They just kind of dropped him and then referred to him for the rest of the book.

Dande:
I think he's going to be a big deal in the next book, because that's where they're going, and so they have to include him here for him to be a big deal in the next book.


Chair:
I don't know, he seemed more like someone to refer to, like when she lost her hearing, like: I lost my hearing! If only Gale was here... I don't have any weapons! If only Gale was here... Peeta's not here! If only Gale was here.

Laughs

Dande:
Yeah, like an easy thing to say. She misses home, and we have to prove that she misses home, so, let's have her miss Gale!

Chair:
We need a character who is at home-


Dande:
Why couldn't it just be her sister?

Chair:
Because her sister's useless.


Newhope:
Maybe Gale's something to compare to... when Peeta moves through the woods, he goes so loudly, compared to Gale's moving silently.

* * *


Dande:
They try to set up this thing between Gale and Peeta for the next book, but they don't give us any reason to care about Gale. They say she cares about Gale, but I don't see any reason to care about Gale, Gale doesn't at all awesome to me. But Peeta, on the otherhand, he saves her a million times.


Chair:
But Gale is taking care of her family.

Jolly:
Until Peeta told his story about the first day he saw her, I didn't like Peeta at all, I liked Gale better. I liked Gale from the first minute they had him. I wanted him to end up in the Hunger Games just so that he could get to know her.

O'Juice:
Same here! I thought he would volunteer in place of Peeta or something.

Jolly:
I liked him better because he could hunt and survive.

Smiley:
I wouldn't have wanted Gale to come, because then the plot would be so much more-

Jolly:
I just wanted him to go so we found out more about him.

Dande:
I feel bad for him to have to watch this on TV. To watch what they were doing.

O'Juice:
She's always thinking, "I wonder what Gale is thinking right now..."


Jolly:
"I wonder what Gale thinks about all the kissing..."

Chair:
I wonder if you could concentrate on the people who are hunting you down as think about this!

* * *


Chair:
This is good now, but once the whole Gale vs. Peeta thing comes up, this could become Twilight way too fast.

Mixed squeals of glee and boos of horror

Jolly:
There will at least be a subplot of action and of them revolting against the Capitol.

21 comments:

  1. I liked Gale a lot even at the beginning of the first book. When you think of it he's saved her too. Without him Katniss would have had a harder time feeding her family. Between Gale's traps and Katniss's archery they always manage to have enough food for both families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Gale! A lot of people like Peeta more but Katniss and Gale are a match made in heaven. They are perfect for each other! Gale's angry rebellious attitude is essential to a revolution against the capital that Katniss has ignited. What's Peeta gonna do? Bake them pretty flower cookies??? Peeta is wimpy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alot of people say that Gale should have told Katniss about his emotions earlier but what about Peeta? He's had a crush on her since he was 5 years old! He has to wait before he's gonna kill her before he tells her about his love??? WIMPY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PEETA DIDN'T EVEN KNOW KATNISS... GALE HAS BEEN BEST FRIENDS WITH HER FOR 7 YEARS. WHY DID PEETA HAVE A CRUSH ON HER? THEY ONLY MET TOGETHER ONE TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops... i left caps lock on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here, I'm talking as Dande, not as MYABC, so these are all my opinions.

    Anon 9:11, I get what you mean, and I guess I should be more thankful to Gale with the food thing, but the Katniss-Gale relationship was built before the book started, and because I didn't see it, it doesn't feel real to me. The whole book was about Peeta, and I feel like I know him much better than Gale, and am rooting for him.

    Anon 10:41, I think Peeta is stronger than you think, and better for the rebellion. He's a charismatic leader, which is a much more powerful weapon than an angry revolutionary.

    Anon 10:43 & 7:29, I haven't really thought about the fact that Peeta loved her before and didn't tell her, mostly because I agree it doesn't make sense. But he doesn't need to have loved her before, I think that what they've been through together is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree, they have both been enough horror for a life time (katniss and peeta)
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have always loved gale and i think that katniss and gale are a perfect match. peeta is just getting i the way. i still do like peeta, he's really sweet but i am still with katniss and gale forever! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know... I really like both of them and I think no matter which one she chooses, she'll be happy and he'll treat her right. it's not like in twilight where one's a possesive freak and the other lets her nearly kill herself on motorcycles... I think as long as katniss is happy, Im happy. :D
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Gale. And I agree, Gale totally goes with Katniss. But Peeta is sweet, and I'd feel kind of bad for him if he was hurt, you know.

    Katniss ♥ Gale forever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think Gale is as sweet and innocent as he pretends to be...I think we'll discover that he was using her all along...

    I love Peeta, so maybe i'm just hating on Gale.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gale wouldn't use Katniss. What would he want from her, anyway? You can tell it was hell for him watching Katniss and Peter in the Hunger Games.

    Katniss♥Gale fo shur x]

    ReplyDelete
  14. gale and katniss they'll make each other happy !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gale is not explicitly described thus making him an open ended charcter in whom each reader can see whatever qualities they want. Thus I think more people would like Gale because they can pretty much imagine him whatever way they want. However, in the third book we will probably get to know the "real" Gale better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What's so far-fetched about liking someone without ever really meeting them? If you see someone that attracts you to them, you're already one step of the way to a real crush.

    For Peeta, I think it was like a "forbidden" love sort of deal. But when they were both picked for the Hunger Games, he got to know Katniss- or, at least, the TV Katniss- and fell in love with her further. It makes sense to me.

    I don't think that Katniss and Gale are a good match, and that's not because I love Peeta so much. It's because Gale has always been a sort of creepy, moody character from the beginning. He may be able to fight for Katniss by bringing her food and all of that, but he wouldn't be a comfort to her at all. I think that Katniss needs someone to comfort her, because she's had a lot of troubles in her life.

    It's also a sort of security to know that Peeta would always love her, too, through rebellion and death and anything. Gale seems like a fleeting character, that he would just leave if things weren't going his way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd also like to add (as if I didn't say enough already, sorry about that) that Katniss can fend for herself, and doesn't even need Gale's hunting skills to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wished that Gale would step up and go into the games and stiff, but then I realized, well, who would then go hunting and take care of Katniss's and Gale's families?
    And well, remember how Gale says he got Katniss's family out, at the end of book two? He never mentions his own family. My blood runs cold in thinking, that in saving Katniss's family,his own family has died.
    And Katniss is always thinking of Gale. She refuses anything romantic between them, but she's constantly thinking about him, gets jealous when Madge brings that medicine when he gets huts and Peeta and Haymitch "imply" that something is going on between the two of them.
    And Katniss also says this: Peeta is a town boy, and he'll never get what Katniss's and the others lives are really like. Gale understands her: she says, in the first book, at the beginning, that Gale tells her that she only seems to smile in the woods. And she says about how there are things that she could only talk to Gale about.
    Peeta says that when he heard her voice, he fell in love with it. Wha??? He fell in love with her voice? In my opinion, Katniss needs someone who loves HER, not her voice or her looks.
    I could just go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gale is really lovable, but Peeta he's the best for her. Iwould marry Peeta myself. Gale said he had to kiss Katniss just once. It was soooo sweet.Peeta just always loved, he'd take care of her, the love of his life Katniss. I would have been happy if she ended out with either one so. I read these books a month ago and I still cannot get it out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rachel this is ur best friend u know who I think gale is sweet to and i'm glad he had a happy ending

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Agree, disagree, ask a question, tell us we're idiots because the plot hole we talked about is resolved on page 42, whatever!