Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Hunger Games-- Berries (Part 2)

Dande:
What did you guys think of the whole berry thing, at the end?

Laughs

Chair:
Oh, that was funny.

Newhope:
I'm pretty sure the Gamemakers were feeling pretty stupid right then.


Chair:
It's like, you're the smartest person in the Games?!?

O'Juice:
To me, that was a bit like... are you serious? That's so stupid, that's so soap opera right there.


Dande:
But it was smart too! That's the whole thing, a soap opera, but that's why they won, because the Games are supposed to be a soap opera or something.

Smiley:
But why do the Games need a winner?


O'Juice:
They don't want it to be like they're just having Games so they can kill all these children-

Smiley:
But that's what they do! It makes no sense!


Newhope:
The Capitol should have just killed Peeta off right then.

Chair:
See, what they were doing though, is they wanted to make it the big dramatic fight between the two star-crossed lovers, see which one of them kills each other, and if all else fails, declare them both winners so we have one.


Dande:
They needed to have a winner because if they didn't have a winner everyone would get all upset and angry and revolt! But... who cares if they revolt? They can just kill them. I guess maybe they didn't want them to revolt because then they'd loose money, because they wouldn't be working...

Walle:
But I don't think the people in the districts would revolt, I think the actual population of the Capitol would revolt, because they would say it wasn't fair. Because even though this is entertainment I think that they too have some soft of-


Dande:
You're right, I didn't really think about the people in the Capitol, I guess they're still people.

Newhope:
I wouldn't really give them too much credit, to be quite honest. They're surgically altering their bodies and stuff, just for fun.


O'Juice:
Don't people do that now?

Newhope:
But not on this large scale.


Walle:
Maybe they still have a heart, though.

Newhope:
Maybe that might pop up in book 2, that will probably happen.


Dande:
Do you know what I think was totally for book 2? That thing with the mute servant.

Chorus of agreement

Newhope:
Nothing develops at all. You just learn about it, and that's it.

Dande:
Maybe some of the people have a heart, like the make-up guy or whatever...


Jolly:
I liked him. He was awesome.

Dande:
And what about like the interviewer guy? Was he really trying to help people?


Chair:
I don't know what was with him.

Dande:
What did you guys think of the interviews? That was an interesting part of the book for me.

O'Juice:
It was kind of stupid, how she's giggling and turning around, saying, "Look at my dress! It's so cool!" I thought: shut up.

Chair:
"You know I'm going to die tomorrow, right?"

1 comment:

  1. I actually thought the interviews were pretty interesting. I mean, she was giggling and stuff because her life and peeta's life and her whole family's life was on the line! i felt so bad for her because instead of being thankful that she survived the games and could relax, katniss had to be on her toes or she would most definitely die. i thought suzanne collins did a great job at writing that part...well, actually, i thought she was amazing at writing the whole book!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Agree, disagree, ask a question, tell us we're idiots because the plot hole we talked about is resolved on page 42, whatever!