Monday, May 4, 2009

The Hunger Games-- The Capitol & Berries (Part 1)

Walle:
I was confused, if this is supposed to be in the future, after North America falls, then why are they all starving? I don't get why they have to result to bows and arrows instead of guns or something.

O'Juice:
Maybe the Capitol hid them from them.


Chair:
They're so poor the only thing they can afford to make is a bow and arrow.

O'Juice:
It's not like now when everyone's medium. Everyone's super rich in the Capitol, and then there's the people who are half dying.


Dande:
I wonder if she was trying to show-- if this was supposed to be America? That everyone in the Capitol is so heartless, and laughing at this like it's entertainment, is she trying to knock reality TV shows or something?

Newhope:
I don't really know... she's offered her little scenario of what could happen...


* * *


Smiley:
I liked how they made the Capitol look really bad, when they said, "Oh, the people from the same District can win!" and then they changed it around. I liked that.

Dande:
When I was reading that, I was so surprised.


Newhope:
Really? I was laughing.

Smiley:
I was happy they did that, because it would be too happy of an ending.


Jolly:
I didn't expect them to just say, "Ok, you both won." No, they had to make something more dramatic happen.

O'Juice:
I thought in the end that she would fight Peeta and then she would win or something like that.


Smiley:
I thought they would both die.

Dande:
Romeo and Juliet thing? Except in Romeo and Juliet they actually killed themselves...


Newhope:
You have all these expectations, and it doesn't reach your expectations, it just goes for a different route.

Dande:
But it was still good though!


Newhope:
Yeah, it doesn't go below or above, it's just... different.

Dande:
Original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Agree, disagree, ask a question, tell us we're idiots because the plot hole we talked about is resolved on page 42, whatever!